Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lemon yoghurt muffins

So we are back from our trip down south. A lot of driving for one weekend, but it was worth it to see my parents.

I try to make a batch (or two) of these muffins every couple of weeks to have with my morning coffee at work. They freeze pretty well, so I just grab one out of the freezer in the morning and it's usually defrosted by coffee time.


I have used orange zest for this recipe in the past, and a combination of lemon and orange zest - it usually just depends what we have at the time. Today I used lemons that I picked from Mum & Dad's lemon tree this morning. We make our own yoghurt, well, kind of, we use the easiyo packets. I used the low-fat greek yoghurt for this.

Lemon yoghurt muffins
adapted from 500 cupcakes, pg 313
makes 12
  • 200g plain flour
  • 175g caster sugar
  • grated zest of 1 or 2 lemons
  • 1tbs baking powder
  • 225ml low fat plain yoghurt
  • 115ml unflavoured oil, I use rice bran oil
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease muffin pan (you don't have to do this, I use a non-stick muffin tray, and forgot to grease it today and they came out fine).


Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, lemon zest & baking powder) in a large bowl. Beat the yoghurt, oil & egg together in a small-medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Spoon into the muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then eat!

-Alphie

No comments:

Post a Comment